Friday, July 9, 2010

Painting and MOVING!

Shem and I have been re-painting a bedroom and bathroom in his parents house because next week we are moving in. We both knew this day would come and I'm wondering to myself WHY! Why did we wait to start painting the week before? It seems like we are overwhelmed with things to do.

Here's our list:

-build a dollie for the piano...Move the piano
-Get a storage unit
-fill the unit with misc. items from his parents household and our own
-Finish packing the house
-Sort out storage vs. keep items.
-Once house is packed...clean it!
-Pack the garage
-Give away items
-Bring leftovers to D.I.
-Move our 2 fridges
-Sell our washer/dryer
-Fix the hallway cabinets
-Replace kitchen faucet

I'm sure there is more. Yes, these are coming to my mind as I'm writing. And all of these things HAVE to be done by July 22nd. So, technically we have 2 weeks but we can only move next weekend. Wow, this is overwheming! I'm venting and thought others could relate. Moving sure is a stressful thing. That's a given. The funny thing is we've been packing the house for the last two months and it's no where near being even a third done! So anyone can conclude that Shem and I are procrastinators. Haha, we're working on it!

3 comments:

  1. Andrea! I just came across your blog! I love reading about your little family and what you guys are up to! Your daughter is adorable.. Congrats!! I can totally relate to procrastinating when it comes to moving! It's never fun! Good luck!
    -Brittany Wilder Andrus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. It's always hard to get everything done, even when you plan ahead. There seems to always be stuff to do last minute even with the best planning! Are you renting your current house or do you own it? It'll come together and happen. It may be stressful, but you'll get it done! That's nice that you'll have space at his parents house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!!!! You are so dang beautiful!! I am so sorry that you have to get so much done in such a short ammount of time, wish I could help :(

    P.S. sorry you guys had to move our junk around.

    Love you sis

    ReplyDelete