I went to an extremely helpful photography workshop given by Trevor Dayley. What a talented photographer. Every hour spent there was totally worth it. I learned how to better use my DSLR camera as well as some editing tips. A model came so we could practice our techniques. The pictures turned out fabulous of her. And so now, I'm finally where I want to be with furthering photography. My intentions have been to be able to capture special memories of my children and extended family. But, who knows, maybe I'll do it as a side profession. I'm sure that's what it will come to.
And I'm so thankful to have this opportunity for the next few months as I prepare for nursing school to be able to have such a fun outlet.
Here's my history: I remember as a girl, Chris (my bro) took photography in high school. I don't remember his pictures, BUT I remember having the desire to do it too! In junior high, where I had the opportunity to take photography, I ceased it. And in 8th grade, I recieved the outstanding photography student award! Keep in mind this was out of the entire school (grades 7-9). Not too shabby, eh? Seems silly, but it's a start. I got caught up in athletics and student government therefore I didn't continue developing my talent.
Through out my life, though, I have always been drawn to the arts. As a very young girl (age 6 or so) I took watercolor lessons from a wonderful old lady who was a great artist. I loved it! I learned so much about color and the importance of contrast, etc...even at a young age. But here's the problem, I jump from interest to interest. I moved on to piano (which I still play, fortunately) and then finally I came back to drawing in high school. Sadly, my teacher never gave what I thought exceptional grades (the A+'s). I was discouraged. He seemed biased as to WHAT art it. I don't take criticism well, considering I never tried improving my artwork in the class. Looking back I wish I had!
Anyway, I love art...whether it be visual or auditory (music). I have a great appreciation for it. So I hope as others view my art they may have an appreciation and look at it in a respectful manner. I have confidence that my work will only improve and the reputation that proceeds it!
I watermarked because these are my original work. Thanks Kalynne for being a great model. You're stunning!
http://www.trevordayley.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/modernphoto





No comments:
Post a Comment