Thursday, July 5, 2012

the 4th and little Maycee

Our 4th of July was a relaxing day.  We spent it just the 3 of us.  We went out to lunch to redeem a free meal at Cafe Rio and had dinner at Cracker Barrel to make ourselves stuffed!!  After we finished at Cracker Barrel we planned to go down to Tempe to watch the fireworks.  What do you think happened?  Well, Maycee had a meltdown, we got tired, and decided to stay in.  How boring.  No, not really.  I loved just chillin with the fam!!  Happy Independence Day!!

The wreath I created, with inspiration from Pinterest.  Cute, but not in love with it.  Festive though!

Maycee and I hung out outside while Shem took an afternoon nap.  She finally rode her bike around!!  The first time ever without me having to steer her!  Go Maycee!



Then, this afternoon while Maycee and I were playing in the front room, I had to grab a few pics of her.  Of course, there was a bribe involved for smiling at the camera...frozen cookie dough balls.  Am I bad or what? Ah!



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh she is growing up so so so fast! And somehow she just gets cuter and cuter! Sounds like an awesome 4th! We were planning on heading out to tempe for their show too but didn't either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) She is turning into a kid wat too fast! Glad to know we aren't the only ones who stayed in. Lol :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful little monkey you have!! I just love all these photos you're always sharing. Thanks for keeping the UT fam in the loop! :)
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have people who appreciate my posts. :)

      Delete
  3. love The wreath! You are such a fun mommy!! Maycee is such a little DOll :) I sure miss you guys. P.s. so lovely of shem to be taking a nap on a day like that. I guess I am not a very nice wife. I am sure Adam would be in heaven if I let him take more naps. LOL Shh dont tell or else he might start getting some ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure that when we have more children I won't be so nice about him napping on holidays. :) That's the advantage of just having to handle one kid as opposed to three, like you!

      Delete