
Maycee and I had an opportunity to go to the Gila Valley Temple Open House. I was so thankful to be able to go. It was such a wonderful experience. I had some of the best moments walking through the temple with Maycee. I look forward to the day that I can go and be able to feel closer to my Heavenly Father. For now, I'm doing what I can to feel his love in my life. Having a child has definitely added to that feeling.
As for the trip, it was so much fun. Maycee was an angel and slept the whole way. While she was busy sleeping, I enjoyed conversing with Alaina (my sister-in-law), and my mom. That's definitely one thing that I have missed since getting married. I spend most days with Shem and it's different talking with a man all the time. It was nice having a few hours to spend with some other moms. When we go to Pima, we got lunch at a little burger joint. It was apparent the some folks of the town were bothered by the rush of Mormons coming to see the new temple. I'm sure not everyone feels that way, but some made it clear we were a nuisance. The temple will only bring good things. Of course, there has to be opposition in all things.
The open house was held in a chapel conveniently placed right next to the temple. The tour was orderly and not too long (perfect for having children come along). After going through the temple, we were led back to the chapel to have refreshments. Such a neat experience!
I failed to mention the wind was horrendous! But the pictures still turned out.

Three generations: Grandma, Mom, and Daughter
So cute! It was a fun trip, I'm so glad we went!
ReplyDelete