Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our other baby

Photobucket

I just realized that I have not really mentioned our other child. No, it's not a human...it's our sweet little love bird. I am writing this mainly because I am procrastinating studying and I have missed blogging. This is something I'm trying to work at. Obviously I've not made much improvement.

A month after Shem and I were married, he felt like I needed a bird. Haha, HE felt this way. Shem had gotten a bird before we ever were engaged and I had begun believing he loved that bird more than me. We named him Doc and I loved him for the first 12 hours of getting him. He was a green quaker parrot and needed a new home where he'd get lots of love. I'm not sure what was wrong with that bird, but as soon as I left the house and left him alone with Shem, he began hating me. So from then on, I was afraid of Doc and couldn't understand WHY Shem loved him so much. Where am I getting at? Well, this is why Shem wanted to get a bird for me. So I would feel loved. HAha, and it worked.

Shem researched birds and wanted to get me a lovebird. I was getting really excited and demanded to have get one that looked just like Tweety. A yellow one, with peach cheeks. That's the classic lovebird. But we couldn't find any! Finally Shem found a little yellow one with green and blue feathers mixed in. Yep, we bought him. The moment I held him I was in love. He dove down into my shirt and got comfy right away. He's so precious. We named him Jax, although Shem refers to him as "peanut". We love him SO much because he's the best bird we've ever had.

Doc and Jax became good friends until the time we had to move. When we moved, we had to sell Doc because he was a larger bird. I'm telling you, I actually cried when we sold him. Even though he didn't like me, I knew he LOVED Shem and that Shem loved him. I was sad Shem wasn't going to have a little friend anymore. :( Wow, why am I writing about this?? Random.

Anyway, last night we were admiring our little Jax as he was inside Shem's shirt pocket. Isn't this adorable?! He just hangs out in there. He loves small warm places to cuddle down into. I love him! I have always been a dog person, but I sure do love these little creatures. :)


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. AWH! you are so funny!!!! haha i loved this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little Jax :) I love his little head poking out of Shem's pocket in the last picture!!!

    ReplyDelete