That title is so boring, but it's self explanotory. This week was crazier than anticipated! Memorial Day threw everything off, too. Tuesday was an easy day and Shem seemed to enjoy his time at school. He is able to work out and I can already see a great change in him from having excersiced this past week. My class is not at all fun. Yes, it's English 102, but I consider it to be harder than nursing school. Tuesday I had an assignment due. Wednesday I had an assignment due. Thursday my first essay was due. Yep, I'm not cut out for this. And Shem, well, he is enjoying his classes. He is taking an physics course in the evenings and engineering in the morning. Lucky guy. haha. Although Maycee and I are at home all day without a car, it's quite fun. She is saying a lot more words now and every chance I can, I encourage her to repeat my words. This week was the first ever that she has been calling me "mama" rather than just saying a sound. She will yell throughout the house, "mammm, mama!" It's so sweet. For the longest time, she has only been saying "dad". It has made my week listening to her sweet little voice calling me her mother. Back to the week....haha, Thursday was jammed packed with research, babysitting, writing and more writing. Jason, Alaina, and my parents attended a banquet held at Jason's school in preparation for his graduation the next morning. They had previously asked me to babysit before I was aware of the essay I had due at midnight. Ha, wow, I am spacey. The kids were great and I was able to finish the essay on time, resulting in an "A" on my assignment. But it was just one of those days that you wonder how you're going to make it through without crashing and burning.
Friday was a really great day. We woke up extra early, 6am to be exact, to get ready and leave by 7 to get to Glendale for Jason's graduation. Maycee was grumpy she didn't get to sleep in, but she had a lot of fun at the event with all her cousins around and people to bug. haha. Jason graduated from Midwestern University with a Docorate degree in Osteopathic Medicine (DO). Now there are two doctors in the family! My brothers are awesome. I failed to mention, Chris graduated on May 12th from the University of Arizona Medical School with a Doctorate in Medicine (MD). After Jason's ceremony we had lunch and headed back to Mesa, getting home at 2 ready for naps! That night we attended an open house in honor of Jason's achievements. What fun Friday was! Jason is such an awesome guy. I really love him and admire the person he is. We were best friends when we were younger and as I mature I feel like I am gaining him back as a friend once again. It helps, too, that we share the interest of serving others by pursuing careers in healthcare. :) Yep, he's awesome.
Saturday Shem and I FINALLY went on a DATE. Yes, a REAL date. Our previous date consisted of dropping Maycee off at mom and dad Wanlass' house and then socializing there a few hours. We ended up going to Home Depot for about 45 minutes. It wasn't a bad date, it was actually a lot of fun. We picked out cabinets and counter tops and carpet for the house we will build one day. But I've been dying to go to a movie with Shem and he was sweet to take me to one! We saw the new X-men movie. We loved it! We love all the x-men movies, but this one was one of the better ones! My favorite will always be the Wolverine movie, but X-men: First Class in my number two! I love James McAvoy in leading roles. He's a great actor and plays his roles outstanding. Sorry to bore...I'm tired, but I felt like telling about the week for some reason. hmmm..not sure why because it isn't like me to blog about my week. Haha, random.
I'm looking forward to this week! It's gonna be a great one, I have a feeling. Learning to be more optimistic in my life...trying to count my many blessings. When I do that, I can't help but be happy!
Have a great week!
Random: I was looking for a couple that I second shot with Trevor Dayley and came across this:
Couple - Andrea & Shem
These were taken a while back and I have never posted them on our blog. I have thought about it, but there is something about viewing photos from the photographer's site that makes them look so dang beautiful. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment