Sunday, May 29, 2011

Never-ending madness


I love life. I love life, yes I do. But times like the last 6 months, makes me doubt. Life is hard. I know there are others out there with a tougher living situation or trials, so this is not a "wo is me" post. I just cannot keep myself upbeat every second of everyday. Today we went to church and intended on being there for all three hours. Well, like every other Sunday lately, Maycee was a GRUMP. I cannot understand why at church she seems a hundred times worse than when we are at home. The most embarrassing thing is when she throws tantrums when I do not give her what she wants.  This entails screaming or throwing her body to the ground like she's in agony.  Let's just say, she displayed these both to perfection.  So, Shem very kindly went home with her half way through the 2nd hour to put her down for a nap and I was able to stay at church through the 3rd hour.  I am thankful for Shem for doing this.  Church was wonderful, other than Maycee and her little episodes.  I don't know what things will be like after getting a calling.

Even though it is hard dealing with May, her little personality is so adorable.  This little independent soul that comes out is just a part of the package.  Truly, I believe that the ability to express one's self and show emotion is not a learned behavior.  So far, from the little spirit I've observed in her, she is going to be a nurturing mother, a fun-loving big sister, a leader, happy, smiley, sensitive to the spirit, musically gifted, and a DRAMA QUEEN (after her mother).  All I can say is I love this little angel who was sent to Shem and me.  She really is special!

Moving on....Our little "vacation" will be over after tomorrow.  I start my online English class on Tuesday and Shem will be on campus for the next 5 weeks 12 hours a day, 4 days a week.  Yeah, it's like worse than a full time job.  He is going to go crazy and so will I, being stuck at school and stuck at home for so long.  The saddest thing is Shem will rarely get to see Maycee.  She will be in bed by the time he gets home every night.  He's sad, but at least he has three days in between to be with her!  My online class is going to be really intense, so I may not be blogging as much as I'd like.  Goodness, I really wish I was a stay at home mom 100% of the time so I could do all the blogging/photography/crafting that I want and not have to worry about school work.  Only 18 more months left of this....I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

I have a few photos I'd like to add to this post of random stuff.  I will get them on here when I have time, probably tomorrow night.  Good night.

Check out my photos:  Anlyn Photography by Andrea Wanlass

Loves!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andrea, How in the world do you do it??? I could never handle all that at the same time! You are a very strong woman for enduring these very challenging times. Please please please call me if you ever need help with anything. I would be more than happy to come get you if you need a ride or whatever. I love the pic of May, What a beautiful girl!! I wish I had some words of inspiration when it comes to the phase that Maycee is going through, I guess that is all I can say is that it is a phase and will eventually end. Just remember the bigger the kid the bigger the problem! Love you Sis :)

    ReplyDelete