Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our 4th

We didn't do much yesterday.  We spent a few hours with Shem's family, then came home and lazily spent the rest of the day eating.  Yeah, that's about what we did.  I made Chinese Sundaes for dinner and a festive cake.  After cake we lit off some fireworks I had surprised Shem with last week.  Maycee was in bed right after and Shem and I followed about an hour later.  It was a laid back day but nice to spend time just the three of us.  We don't get a lot of days where it's just us three, with Shem and I in school.  These days will be missed.

Chinese Sundaes:  These are similar to Hawaiian Haystack in assembly, but the chicken sauce is entirely different.  Soooo darn good and EASY, too!



Source of inspiration:  Turbobubblegum! (Hers looks a hundred times better, but I put in LESS dye.  I am still happy with it :)  Banner...thanks to a few of Sherra's scraps..I knew if I bailed completely on making this, I would regret it!  Oh, and I did not try to make the cake white using whites only.  I was a little lazy.  Next time I will be a more tenacious.

 I think this is the crack the whip firework...Maycee and I were standing pretty far away taking these photos.  haha.




Maycee last July 4th, 2010. Hasn't she grown so much?!


The best photo I could get of this little wiggleworm. She refused to stay still. Oh well, she's sporting her patriotism and has her bald eagle, too. Such a sweetie!

Happy fourth!

Since we didn't have the opportunity to watch fireworks, I've been admiring the gorgeous photos some fellow photographers took. These pictures are amazing, seriously! Check them out NOW! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.159127727490378

4 comments:

  1. The firework photos are amazing! What is your camera setting on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Remle! So...I don't know my exact settings because those pictures got deleted off my card...but here's a guess...f/4.0, ss 2 sec, ISO 100. Something like that. The fireworks are so bright, I could have increased the SS and ISO, but I prefer low ISO with bright light...I loathe grainy and overexposed photos! Haha, happy camera-ing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, so much detail, will automatic setting work? lol. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Canon 60D. Don't ask about my lenses...I really don't like them. haha, I'm saving up to invest in a lot nicer ones within the next year.

    ReplyDelete