Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the double digit

I am officially 22!  Ew.  I really am not too happy about that.  If only you could regress in age once you hit 21.  Psychologically, I am feeling so old; although, I will admit 22 is still young.  I have to be positive about this birthday.

I finished up the last week of school completing BIO 202.  It was a rough 5 weeks, but finished strong with a B..and proud of it!  That's a tough class and 5 weeks is hard core for all that material.  The last week, of course, had to be the first week of August.  Bummer.

On July 31st (sunday) we were over at Shem's parents for the traditional Sunday dinner that we enjoy every other week.  His family was sweet enough to make cupcakes in honor of my bday.  It was so nice of them to do that.  They really made me feel special and I'm so grateful for that.  :)

For the day of my actual birthday, I had important things to do for class and was not too thrilled for the day.  Regardless, Shem was a sweetheart and truly did spoil me.  Hmmm...if only that were a daily routine for him.  hehe.  It was so fun to spend time with him and Maycee.  That night, I skipped lecture and we enjoyed a $5 meal at Joe's Real BBQ.  Yep, they give a bday discount!  $10 off toward the meal of your choice!  Yummmm!!!  Unfortunately I did not get pictures of both Sunday at Shem's parents and our visit to Joe's.  But, however, we have pictures of Maycee blowing out my ONE birthday candle and she actually made it go out!  It is so cute!  I was so surprised!  She has come a long way since her one-year bday just six months ago.  She actually has enough breath to get that flame out!!!  Such a sweetheart.

And lastly, my mom and dad had a bday dinner with my side of the family just this past Sunday.  Yummy!  It's fun having lots of family around during birthdays.  Fun to have an excuse to party, which is one of my favorite things to do.  Thank you everyone for making my birthday feel special even though it is not my favorite day.

Flowers from Shem and Maycee.
The AWESOME homemade cookies Shem made for me :)

Birthday "cake"

I love my family!

Big girl blowing out mommy's candle!  



For our Sunday dinner, I discovered Maycee loves corn on the cob.  She is in love with it!


All the grandkids (minus 2) putting the 22 candles on the cake.  It's a crazy house everytime all the kids get together.
Shown: Cayleb, Nathan, Brayden, my mom (Maycee standing next to her on the floor), Connor, and Emmalee






What fun times!  Family time is the best time!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Happy late birthday! I want to take you out to lunch! Have you started back in school? I start next thursday and could do a lunch date any tiem before then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beLIEVE you're only 22! Way to make me feel old. :)

    You are such an adorable mommy and I am so proud of you for doing so well in school. If you've already accomplished this much in only 22 short years, just imagine where you'll be 10 more years from now! Get it girl...the world is yours to conquor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too happy about turning 22? lol, I felt way worse leaving the 20s when I turned 30 this year hehe. But of course, such sentiments are totally natural. Anyways, enjoy your few weeks b4 nursing school lol. Send my regards to the rest.

    ReplyDelete