Thursday, September 4, 2014

A fresh start

It has been too long since I've updated our blog.  We have been enjoying life living in our rental home and have been here for just over a year.  Life is good.  I have been employed at Banner Baywood in the Neurological Progressive Care Unit working as a neuro/telemetry nurse.  I've been there for just about 6 months and am so thankful to be part of a great organization.  Shem just started school two weeks ago.  He is in 16 credit hours, including 3 labs and has made it a priority to also be enrolled in Institute.  I'm so proud of him.  He is so diligent with school work and scripture study.  Maycee and I don't get to spend time with him like we did this summer, but it is comforting realizing this is temporary.  I definitely was spoiled with him staying at home over the summer and doing various projects around the house.

Yesterday was a special day for Maycee.  It was her first day of preschool.  She loves her teacher and the small class size is perfect for individualized learning.  Even though she is almost a head taller than the other kiddos, she is just where she needs to be.  I'm such a proud mommy.  She is my best bud.  She makes friends quick and can't get enough of socializing.  Over summer we were working on a preschool workbook and I was amazing at how well she knows her letters and can even write them!  I think this will be a fun year for her getting ready to start Kindergarten next year.  Woah.  Where has the time gone?  Such a grown up 4 year old!

Preschool: Kids Korner
Teacher: Miss Kris


This girl kills me.  She's so funny when the camera comes out.  She loves getting her picture taken.



She did these natural, model-like poses all on her own.  I love it.  She's such a beautiful girl, inside and out.  Seriously, I am such a blessed mommy!  Love her so much.  

2014 has gone by fast!  Excited for these last few months of the year!  Making it a priority to document on here what's going on with our little family.  I also post pictures on instagram @andreawanlass




No comments:

Post a Comment