Saturday, April 4, 2015

Expecting

On January 21st, we found out we're expecting!  I knew I was pregnant the day before when I literally slept ALL day and was exhausted and still went to bed and slept 9 hours that night.  The next morning when I woke up, I went straight for the dollar store pregnancy test we had stashed in our bathroom.  When the double line was slightly faint, I thought, "ok, Andrea, time to buy the expensive test to confirm."  I drove down to walgreens, in my pajamas, and picked up the test.  When I came home, Shem was very suspicious of my behavior.  He knew I was suspecting I might be, but had no idea I took the cheap test when I woke up.  When I took the 2 step test and both confirmed positive, I couldn't keep my mouth shut.  I yelled for Shem to come inside from doing yard work to show the two tests.  He was ecstatic.  We jumped up and down and he got a little teary eyed.  It warmed my heart.  I love that man.  We waited to tell Maycee until her birthday when all the family was with us. Many family members have been waiting for this for years!  Maycee is already 5 and it's about dang time she had a sibling!

This sweet little bundle is expected to arrive late September.  Not only are we excited, but Maycee is thrilled!  Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl.  I'm thinking boy, but we will see! We find out gender on April 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment