Nighttime:
Skyline of downtown SD taken our first night after eating at the fabulous "Boat House" restaurant.
Snorkeling. We had an opportunity to snorkel with sea lions! Also, tons of huge bright orange fish called, garibaldi. In fact, a swarm of garibaldi was at our feet when we jumped in! They are so pretty :)
Sunset at Pacific Beach:
One of the best places to eat! I have been wanting to eat here for years and finally I got to take Shem with me for my first time! My family loves to eat here when they visit. :)
"Hash"=any leftovers in mom's kitchen with potatoes..."A Go Go"= over the top, huge portions! Let me tell ya, the name is literally what you get with anything ordered here. Below is a picture of the sage fried chicken on top of bacon waffles. Yes, bacon waffles. The bacon was baked in with the waffles and absolutely divine!! You can't really tell in the picture, but the portion and plate was huge! We shared this dish and had a lot of leftovers. FYI, anyone who has the opportunity to go here, GO!
The Waterfront :
On the U.S.S. Midway, an aircraft carrier.
After touring the U.S.S. Midway, we enjoyed a delicious lunch of crab legs along with fish and chips! Awesome food at "The Fish Market" Restaurant.
Balboa Park :
The ultimate tourists. Yes, we realize we are ridiculous. But this two bike contraption was so fun!
I took this shot in the Botannical Building. There was some gorgeous vegetation I only wish could exist here in the desert.
The Old Globe Theater
Check out the size of that tree! Consider too, I'm not even standing at the trunk for a good comparison of size.
Our anniversary evening. Friday, August 6th:
We ate at "Peohe" located on Coronado Island. We purposely had late dinner reservations so we could enjoy our last beautiful sunset there. Just as we were being served our entrees, fireworks began over the San Diego Bay! Shem claimed he planned this, haha, yes in a perfect world I would believe him. Haha
Our Last Day:
Panning for gold at the Mormon Batallion Historic Center in Old Town SD
"Tacos el Gordo"! YUMMMMMM! These were authentic Mexican Tacos. Taco Bell needs to step it up.
We last went to Imperial Beach before heading back to Mesa. We were sad to leave, but our feelings were outweighed with the excitement of seeing our little Maycee!
Wow what a year! All I can say is there is no one in this world I would rather go through life with than my one and only, Shem. I love you! You are not only my husband, but my forever best friend.


















What a fun anniversary! I had no idea there were so many things to do in San Diego besides the beach and Sea world. Congrats on year one! You guys look so happy and your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDelete1 year down forever to go! congrats! you two are so cute and so is your blog.
ReplyDelete