And this week is going to be very hectic, not to mention, Maycee is still sick (has been since Thursday night). The poor girl has been crying about EVERYTHING. If her footing is a little off while walking, she sits down, starts crying, and looks up at mommy or daddy. She is so sweet when she's sick, but I miss the energetic little thing she normally is. She has been sick off and on since school started back in January. And the worst thing is, we have yet to get her back on insurance. Hopefully once I'm out of school, I can take care of our family and get us all covered once again. Although, little Maycee has the advantage, considering she starts crying when we've gone to see the doctor in the past. So, I'm sure if she could talk, she'd be expressing how happy she is that she doesn't have to see any of the "nice" workers in the doctor's office.
Mother's Day. Well, it was a great day, but it definitely did not entitle me any time off from being a mom. haha, I always imagined on Mother's Day my husband would do everything for me and I'd get to lounge around the house without a care in the world. REALITY CHECK: This is not for real and never will be unless you married the perfect man. I'm not complaining, I love being a mother. I love having a husband to share the load. I love having a little innocent child depending on me to care for her. She is a gift from Heavenly Father and I believe she came to us for so many reasons that I feel so blessed for. Although, I did not plan on having a child when I did, I realize it is the best thing that could have happened in my life.
Reasons why Maycee was sent to Shem and me:
1. Too cute for words.
2. Learn selflessness.
3. Learn unconditional love.
4. Teach Shem how to correctly change diapers. hehe
5. Teach me how to paint tiny toenails and buy little girl clothes for a reasonable price. (Sometimes I falter)
6. Learn more of the Atonement.
7. Learn the divinity of parenthood.
8. Further motivation to be sealed as a family for time and eternity.
9. Money management. (No more designer makeup or monthly pedicures)
10. Humility.
And the list goes on. Really, I could write all day for the many things we have learned and have yet to learn as parents. Back to motherhood, there is nothing that compares and nothing as divine here on Earth. Never did I imagine two years ago I would have this sweet little girl to care for. I love her with all my heart and the person she has helped me become. Dear little Maycee, you are an angel.
Hey, you mentioned trying to find clothes at a reasonable price?? Well my new favorite store for my little girl (even though she isn't here, yet) is Bullfrogs and Butterflies on Signal Butte and Southern (NW Corner). I LOVE that store! Designer stuff at cheaper prices than Target! =] I've already started a closet for her. Hope you can check it out and love it too!
ReplyDeleteHey Andrea, I love your pictures and your blog. too bad that maycee has been so sick. If she still doesn't have insurance, think about applying for medicaid for her through the state. If you guys are both in school and you don't have a lot of income, I'm sure you would qualify. Our kids have been on it in Tennessee and Maryland and the coverage has been great. From what I understand, the states really don't want kids going uncovered so kids don't usually get turned away, as long as you are in a certain income bracket. Heck, you and Shem might qualify too depending on where you are. Think about it! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle! And in fact, we are on Medicaid! We're just waiting for them to get us renewed. It's really bad here in AZ. When I go into the office to update our info, I can wait up to 2 hours or more. One day, we waited nearly 4 hours to be seen. It's so discouraging, but incredibly helpful once we are secured in it. I appreciate your help! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd to Dawna...I am going to go check this place our really soon! I'm excited to see what it is! Thanks!!!