Monday, June 13, 2011

Enjoyin summer!

So...other than loving summer spending time with little Maycee...I am having a blast being a part of a practice photography group on facebook.  This group was created for photographers to be given "assignments" each week to challenge themselves.  It's such a great idea!  Last week was "after dark".  This week is "high speed". 

AFTER DARK: This is my all time favorite perfume given to me by Shem on our wedding day.  Light source: my laptop on our bed.

ISO 1250
f/2.2
1/20 ss
Canon lens EF 50mm/1.8

This week:
HIGH SPEED:
Jax is hilarious and he's too quick to photograph most of the time.  Today, as Maycee and I were playing in the backyard I wanted to capture Jax in flight.  I failed :(  BUT...I did get him frozen in "jump".  haha he's so cute, isn't he?  I will get him in the air soon.  I really like this photo though.  It captures his little personality, in my opinion. 

ISO 250
f/2.2
1/8000 ss
Canon lens EF 50mm/1.8

This is likely not the photo that will be shared with the practice group, although I think it's fun. :)

And another type of high speed photo...little Maycee playing with a full cup of water.  Dangerous business! 


ISO 500
f/2.2
1/1600 ss
Canon lens EF 50mm/1.8

Moving on...in the midst of capturing these interesting photos, I also captured some fun ones of Maycee just hanging out and playing. (scroll down to see) She is 16 months and we're getting so excited for her to finally go to nursery! She's getting so big all too fast. It blows my mind! And she sure is a special girl. I think I say that every post, but she really is! Love her!!

We take Maycee swimming at least 4 times a week it seems. She loves water and is so comfortable with it.  In fact, she will run (into the big pool) off the decking and into Shem's arms. We are so glad she loves it and is such a brave little thing!! She's too funny!



















Maycee is obsessed with cups!  She is very insistent that she drink out of mine any chance she can.  She's such a big girl!

Shem loves his little girl :)

These are some pictures from today.  These were taken in the same series of the 2nd high speed photo I have in this post.  I love following her around and taking random photos.  Funny to say, I am holding back with all the photos.  I took a lot more than this, but chose to only post my favs!















I cannot resist painting her little toes! She's catching on, though, so the paint job seems to look a little worse each time as she gets impatient. Haha...and I always have fun making my toes look almost pedicured. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Way to Go. I am loving your photos you are doing such a fantastic job. It was fun seeing you for a split second on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Andrea! You have such talent :) And what a beautiful little thing your daughter is, and getting so big! You must be so proud :) Keep up the great work with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAN She REALLY be THAT big already?!??! She is soooo cute! And you got some great photo skills. Love it.

    ReplyDelete