Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wrapping up

This week I wrapped up all my photo shoots that I've had to finish up.  What a relief, but also I'm sad.  As I posted earlier this month, I am no longer doing photography.  Just temporarily, until I have attained my nursing degree. I also feel strongly that I need to do a better job at fulfilling my role as a mother.  There is no way I can be a photographer and be a mommy and be wife and be a student and be pleasant to be around with the piled up stress!  Yep, I reached my limit.  With putting a strain on important relationships with those I am close to as well as not ever feeling satisfied with my work or, anything else for that matter, I knew something had to give--my passion.  I'm sure others can relate in different areas of their lives.  As Pres. Monson has said, "Never let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved."  Too often have I found myself sitting at the computer editing pics late at night and not practicing a good night-time ritual with Shem or with myself.  And then in the mornings I am exhausted and don't have the energy to care for my little firecracker, Maycee.  Although I am temporarily not doing business I will be continually perfecting the art as I capture precious family memories.  That being said, I look forward to taking off with a part-time business in a few years as our family grows and I'm a stay at home mom.  It will be so much fun!  If anyone is interested in photo tips or camera equipment questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I'm no professional, but I have invested lots of time in the art, post-processing, researching and reading on the subject.  And, of course, I will still post cute pictures of "mini" shoots I do of my family!  :)  Happy photography-ing to all!

Britynn.  One year pictures.
Lauren. Taken at 4 days old.


Tiffany expecting her daughter Holly.  Taken at the Orange Patch in Mesa, AZ.


2nd shooter with Trevor Dayley Photography.  Taken at the Mesa, AZ temple and a nearby barnyard





Nicola and her son Luc.



Adam and Sherra's sweet kids: Kaden, Britynn, and Kenidi.



1 comment: