Shem and I had the opportunity to go on a weekend get away up to Sedona for our 2 year anniversary. I can't believe we are in our 3rd year of marriage already. Seems like we got married just yesterday. We were married August 6th, 2009, in Mesa, AZ. It's been a fun and interesting 2 years. I'm sure what we've experienced, most people don't experience all of it within the first 5 years of marriage. Doing our best to focus on the positive is all we can do to keep ourselves happy and going each day. Luckily, we are fortunate enough to find a LOT of positive things to keep us sane! :)
As for our trip....we camped in Oak Creek Canyon. We camped at a designated camp site, which was a big mistake. We had telephone wires strung over the top of our site and the LOUDEST neighbors. Enough complaining. It still was fun spending time with Shem. ALONE time, for that matter. That's something we don't have much. We had a lot of fun away from tv and other distractions. The weather was fabulous, too! Such a relief from the typical 100-degree weather. It dropped down to the high 50's at night. Ah, so nice. Can't wait for fall!
WARNING: There are a billion pictures attached to this post...just saying.
 |
| Best cherries ever!! |
 |
| I love detail. |
 |
| Notice the campers in the background? haha |
 |
| Yeah, this is definitely "roughing" it. Bah! |
 |
| We took a hike around Broynton Canyon. |
 |
| See Shem?? He wanted to get in the shade cuz it was so darn hot. We took our hike around 2:30 in the afternoon. And, of course, he has to patiently wait for me to take a million pictures. |
 |
| I just love how "patient" he is with me. |
 |
| Before I decided to add to it.... |
 |
| Yep, I left my mark. :) |
 |
| These picture have not been edited to appear more red. I just love how much red there is, even within the greenery. So unique. |
 |
| Driving back to camp at sunset. |
 |
| Hummingbird feeder at the check-in gate. |
 |
| A visitor. In fact, we counted a total of 3 skunks lurking around our site. |
 |
| Our anniversary morning! I cooked crepes and bacon for breakfast and Shem cleaned up. |
 |
| This is how he cleans while camping...soapy water warmed over the stove to get the pot nice and clean. I love it. |
 |
| At a scenic lookout just before Flagstaff off the 89-A. |
 |
| On our way to spend time at the creek. |
 |
| Berries!! Reminded me of Oregon. I used to go on hikes and eat the berries when I was younger. Although, these berries didn't look as good as the ones I used to encounter. |
 |
| Self portrait! Yay! |
 |
| This was the best pool of water we could find. There were a ton of kids drinking and being disrespectful so we decided to head out early. It still was fun, regardless. |
 |
| Snoopy rock! |
 |
| Hangin out in town. :) |
 |
| Round candles! We got to watch one being made. Totally hippie. |
 |
| Biggest geode we've ever seen! |
 |
| Sedona Sam telling us our fortune. Reminded us of the movie "BIG". |
 |
Crabby waitress + no listening skills = blurry photo. I was too afraid to ask our waitress to take more once I saw this photo. Now I wish I would have been more assertive. :(
We went to this resturaunt on a whim, intending to eat somewhere a little nicer but sushi is our fav so we couldn't resist! |
 |
| Shrimp Tempura |
 |
| Vegas role and Monte Cristo. |
 |
| The beautiful view from our table. |
 |
| Our lovely site at night. I love playing around with the camera settings when there is no natural light. |
 |
| I was freezing both nights once the sun went down. Shem kept me warm by making a perfect fire. :) |
 |
| S'mores!! This is the way poor students eat..cheap chocolate, cheap grahm crackers, cheap marshmallows...mmmm, delectable. |
 |
| Leaving Oak Creek Canyon :( Such a beautiful drive. |
 |
| Cathedral Rock |
 |
| Bell Rock: the last scenic shot I got before we headed home. |
 |
| Theeee best jerky we have ever had in our lives. Seriously. A little pricey for so little, but it's like crack...addicting, but worth every ounce (to the addict) |
I heart Sedona. It is such a relaxing town to visit. I also love vacationing with Shem because we love having time away from living with family. We have perfected the art of having a RELAXING vacationing. :) I love the time we spend together while away from our crazy lives. Happy Anniversary to us!
Happy anniversary to you!! It looks lovely. I spent my wedding night in sedona and we loved it. I can't wait to go back! And you have an eye for detail! All these photos are incredible! And you two are such an awesome couple! I don't know how your weekends are but we would love to have you over for dinner sometime! :D
ReplyDeleteYour pictures look amazing!!!! Seriously.
ReplyDeleteOh wow... awesome pictures! Specially the self portrait with a hat. Did you take that yourself? That's pretty awesome, you'll just get lost in those eyes.
ReplyDeleteOh, man...don't ever apologize for the amount of pictures when they are pictures of that calibur! You have an amazing talent, missy. Good on ya.
ReplyDeleteThanks, you guys! :) I love photography way too much. haha
ReplyDeleteVery nice pictures :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Get-a-ways are so refreshing!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE these pictures, you are a natural Andrea! And love the area, such a beautiful and fun place to be. Looks like you had a blast!
ReplyDelete